Wednesday, June 13, 2012

meal planning

Being BIG pregnant with #2 has made me tired and hard to motivate! So to help me, I have made myself a little checklist of things I have to get done every week to keep on the fridge. So, in an effort to get organized, we have started meal planning along with that checklist.

at +25 weeks (I told you I was BIG pregnant... and this pic made me look the smallest) :)
So this week was the first week of meal planning at the Lugg house! I thought I was going to hate it... but I was VERY wrong! So far so good. I have never done a meal plan because I want to eat what I want to eat, when I want to eat it :) (Spoken from a true pregnant lady!) But, I found out, if the fridge says it's crunchwrap night, I want crunchwraps :) Who knew? Here is a little example of our week's menu:


m: pizza hut personal pizzas 
t: crunchwraps
w: country club chicken +veggies on the side
t: chicken quesadilla + ranch
f: burger of some sort for me + braut for my man + corn on the cob

 I of course make modifications to every recipe, because I can. But the links above are at least my starting point. This week was not so healthy... but I really wanted to try out some new recipes. Next week will be MUCH healthier.

This reminder app makes grocery shopping so much easier!
(and yes, I need felt at the grocery store) :)

Its been fun finding new recipes on pinterest and then trying them out. I have been a little recipe happy when it comes to my pinterest. :) Now you know why.

PS - LOOK WHAT MY AMAZING HUSBAND MADE ME!!!!
I love them so much! He's the bestest!

5 comments:

  1. Kim, you are going to love menu planning! Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute coasters!!! And, cute belly:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ian does a great job on the coasters! I love ours and now I love yours. :) Thanks for the belly pic. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those coasters are awesome! Did you make that paper that you have your meal plan on? It is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keri, I did make the paper. I looked for one online, but couldn't find one that had everything I wanted. I should have posted it so you can make it your own and adjust it if you want.

    ReplyDelete